Monday, November 5, 2012

A New Adventure

For the last 16 years I have been at Flat Rock Middle School as a student teacher, a classroom teacher and a media coordinator. To be honest, I thought I would spend my entire career with Henderson County Public Schools. In my district I have been provided so many opportunities to learn, grow and lead. However, I recognize that it is time for a new challenge. Now, I have to admit that while I embrace certain types of change, making this change fills me with sadness. Sadness because I will be leaving a place I consider my second home. Moving away from the comfort of my library is somewhat daunting, but I am looking forward to the future.

Starting November 29th I will start my new position with the NC Department of Public Instruction as the Region 8 Instructional Technology Consultant. I am excited about the opportunity to work with the media and technology professionals in western North Carolina and throughout the state. The best part is that I will be working with some wonderful people including, but not limited to, my library bestie, Jennifer LaGarde

I look forward to sharing my new adventures with you. Thank you for the support along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jennifer! You will be awesome in your new position. I look forward to hearing more about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete