Sunday, October 16, 2011

NCSLMA Conference 2011

Hello, My Name is ......was the conference theme for NCSLMA 2011. Yes, I returned from NCSLMA last weekend, and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. That might be because My Name is Totally Exhausted (but in a good way). This year's conference kicked off early for me on Thursday as I left with two other Jennifers on the road to Winston-Salem. We had to arrive relatively early for my pre-conference presentation, with yes, another Jennifer.

I had the honor of presenting with the super amazing Jennifer LaGarde. She has already blogged about our pre-conference session, so be sure to read all about it. I have to admit, this was a great experience for me. I was totally inspired by watching Jennifer in action, and I look forward to what our future adventures may bring. Watch out NCSLMA 2012!

This year's conference was full of great fun, new friends, fabulous authors, amazing ideas, and entertainment. I had the pleasure of finally meeting the most famous redhead in school library land, Gwyneth Jones. In addition, I presented with not one but two Jennifers during the conference. On Friday, I had the honor of presenting with first year Media Coordinator, Jennifer Abel. We gave our attendees a brief overview of what we are doing to provide interactive Media Centers. Friday night's reception was the best yet. Lots of authors, including the uber-fabulous Frances O'Roark Dowell. There was unexpected entertainment with the sounds of Melvil Dewey and just an all-around good time.

Three Jennifers and a Gwyneth

Saturday was a busy day with sessions, author breakfast and lunch. Had a great dinner that evening with some fabulous ladies, but I must admit that I was definitely wearing down. Sunday ended with an Executive Board meeting, and my first day as Secretary. The ride home was with Sarah Justice, current NCSLMA President, and the genius behind this year's conference. Well done is all I can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment